you’ll need Mechanical Materials. (Please refer to our dedicated page to learn how to get these upgrade materials)
To do this do the following:
- Make sure you have to Mechanical Materials in your backpack.
- Open your backpack, select the weapon.
- Tap any of the attachments.
- Tap Modify to access the Accessory Refit screen.
For the first two stars, you can use x1 LV1 Mechanical Materials (we’ll call them MM for convenience) To reach 3 stars, you’ll need a LV2 Mechanical Material. How do we do that?
Well, you need to combine lower level MMs to get a single higher level MM.
To create a LV2 MM, you have to combine two LV1 MMs. The MMs you have to combine should be present in your backpack.
- While in the Accessory Refit screen (see steps above) tap the Part Compose tab.
- Select the parts you have then tap Compose.
- Select Compose All if you have multiple MMs to combine.
The maximum number of times you can normally upgrade an accessory/attachment is 7. The game will tell you some specific rules pertaining to this, especially for the higher level as such:
- Accessories lower than LV7 can use the same level materials to be modified and leveled up.
- After accessories reach LV7, you can add any level of mechanical/Armor Materials to increase their EXP. When you meet the EXP requirements, then you can modify and upgrade the accessories.
- For accessories above LV7, you can add mechanical/Armor Materials to them to give them a temporary level boost. The more materials you add, the higher the level and longer the temporary level lasts.
- When your accessories reach max level, you can’t add more materials to them. Temporary level boosts will not be applicable to maxed out accessories.
- Materials you have dismantled from accessories cannot be used for the Temporary Level duration.