Apex Legends: How to get more Apex Coins, Legend Tokens and Crafting Metals
Our Apex Legends Apex Coins guide explains how Apex Coins, Legend Tokens and Crafting Metals work, how to get more of them and what cosmetic rewards you can spend them on.
Although it's slipped down the Twitch charts a little in recent days, it's still fair to say that Apex Legends is to be sticking around for the long run, and giving Fortnite something to think about.
Although you've got the typical genre standards here - a restricting circle of play, loot everywhere, and a fight to the death - Apex Legends carves out a unique space for thanks for its hero system and spreads of abilities across that pool of characters .
As it's free to play, there are of course some monetary options as well, and that's where this article comes in. Although you can't buy anything that provides a gameplay advantage, you will need to make a number of characters look for a little slicker in battle.
Before you go ahead and rocket into battle, we've put together a guide which will take you through how microtransactions work in Apex Legends, as well as how to use Apex Coins which you can use to purchase new cosmetics.
Apex Legends CurrenciesThere are different currencies in Apex Legends: Apex Coins, Legend Tokens and Crafting Metals.
Apex Coins are the only premium currency and can be purchased with real-world money through the in-game store.
Here's a breakdown of what you’ll get for your money:
- 1,000 Apex Coins - $ 10 / £ 8.
- 2,000 (+ 150 Bonus) Apex Coins - $ 20 / £ 16.
- 4,000 (+350 Bonuses) Apex Coins - $ 40 / £ 32.
- 6,000 (+750 Bonus) Apex Coins - $ 60 / £ 48.
- 10,000 (+ 1500 Bonuses) Apex Coins - $ 100 / £ 80
Legend Tokens and Crafting Metals can both be earned in-game through the Apex Pack system. Every time you play a match, you get EXP based on your performance and you will gradually level up you spend more time with the game.
Upon leveling up, you'll receive an Apex Pack which has the chance of containing both of these currencies.
Here's what happens when you crack an Apex Pack.
You'll receive items from varying rarity, so everything from the new kill intro or skin to some Crafting Metals - nice.
What can I buy with Apex Coins, Legend Tokens and Crafting Metals?Here is a breakdown of everything you can buy with materials, coins and likes.
Apex CoinsSince you have a hard earned cash on Apex Coins, you have to spend hours grinding for it. However, you will be able to buy absolutely everything as many Legend items have to be crafted with Crafting Metals.
- Store exclusive cosmetics.
- New Legends
- Store exclusive cosmetics.
- New Legends.
- New Legend skins (not store exclusive)
- Two Legends, Caustic and Mirage costs 12,000 Legend Tokens or 750 Apex Coins each. As time goes by and more updates are released, we'll start seeing more Legends enter the fold. It hasn't been confirmed yet, but we imagine they will cost the same amount.
- If you are going for the free to play route, it takes take to build your Legend Tokens, so you don't expect to unlock Caustic and Mirage for a pretty long time.
- To build up your Legend Token and Crafting Metals as quickly as possible, there is nothing to do well in each match you play. The longer you survive, the more assists and benefits you will get from the total amount of EXP you earn. In turn, this will give you faster level ups and more Apex Packs to crack open.
Apex Pack OddsRespawn has also published what's each Apex Pack and your chances of receiving these items. Check it out for an overview of the odds involved.
It's worth pointing out an element of "drop protection" to these Apex Packs. You're guaranteed at least one Legendary item drop for every 30 packs opened, and you never receive duplicate cosmetics.
This isn't something you get with most Battle Royale games so it's a nice touch.