12 Benefits of Using Internal Links for a Site
When discussing optimization for search engines, maybe everyone will say quality content and backlinks.
Or if it's already a bit of an expert, discussing the Google algorithm update is something that is fun and often done.
But there is one basic technique that is often overlooked by beginners who want to learn SEO.
You are right…. it is an internal link. An internal link is a hyperlink that directs visitors to other web pages on the same blog or website. When you open a web page, you can see one or more internal links. The purpose of the internal link is to provide visitors with additional information that is still related to the article being read. With an internal link, visitors can get more complete information.
Bloggers realize that internal links have an impact on both the article itself and the blog or website as a whole. When you add an internal link related to an article, visitors can click on the internal link to find out more information so that more complete and complete information is obtained. The visitor can finally feel that the article presented is full of the information sought.
Internal links can be placed in articles, in the sidebar or anywhere that is considered to be the visitor's focus. Internal link placement that is considered good is in the article and is close to words, phrases or sentences related to internal links. You can make internal links manually or with extensions. However, creating an internal link manually can determine the relevance of a better article.
Internal links are one of the on-page SEO techniques that continue to be used today, in contrast to the meta keywords that have been abandoned and are no longer used by search engines. There are several benefits or advantages of internal links.
Of course you ask: "Why should you regularly use internal links in each post?"
Because the benefits are very much. Here are some of the benefits of internal links that might tempt you to do it immediately on the website you manage:
1. Helping Google Bots to Draw Your SiteWant to know the beginning of the indexing process? That is a Google bot that does everything.
Google bots visit each site regularly to grab content on a site. The term is indexing which will be used for Google databases and ranks each content relative to other content on the internet.
The bad part, in the process, Google bots need internal links so that the indexing process is faster. Without a good internal link structure, Google bots will have a hard time doing it.
If you connect between one page and another page, it makes the indexing process faster and easier. Of course this is very useful if you are updating old content or publishing new content so that Google can rank better on search engines.
The faster the indexing process, the better the ranking will be.
2. Internal Links Increase Opportunities to Get BacklinksDoes your site get more links to the home page than deep page?
Unfortunately, this is bad for SEO.
Ideally a good link profile is a link that leads to posts, not on the main page. Because such a thing only has little effect for SEO as a whole.
Because the internal link is still past the link juice, the strategy is to share all the points obtained evenly on the posts on the blog so that the profile link gets better.
Also don't forget, including the internal link in each post might invite other bloggers who write posts with the same theme join in citing and using the posts that you use as internal links.
Did such a thing really happen?
Yes ... because I often do it when reading other bloggers' posts. I followed several internal links installed. And if it is still relevant to the content that I will create, then I have no doubt giving backlinks.
3. Internal Link Makes Other Pages StrongEach page has certain points. Unfortunately, as I said before, if you don't use an internal link, then the points of each page will be focused on the main page so that the main page is strong but the post can't appear on the first page of Google.
In addition to making it easy for Google to index a page, giving an internal link to the most important pages on your site will signal to Google that the pages that get the most internal links are important pages.
And after few weeks this is the result of using internal links on my blog.
Thus, Google will give a good ranking for the page in the search engine.
4. Internal Influential Text Anchor Directly on SEOThe best part of the internal link is the anchor text that you use to function as the anchor text on the backlink. That is, the words you use will directly affect the SEO of the destination page.
Of course doing spam on anchor text is a bad thing and ends with a penalty, but if done correctly and carefully, then you can get a ranking for several long keywords by including the right anchor text.
An example would look like this when viewed in html mode:
<a href="example.com/page-internal/”> These words should be part of the keyword </a>
However, people who come through search engines hope to get all the information related to their keywords on a single page. Relevant internal links will make visitors get the resources needed without dealing with keywords in the search engine.
It may be true that internal links are only part of SEO techniques. But internal links have a broader meaning if you pay attention to user experience, where they are also metrics used in overall SEO.
Ask yourself, if you are reading content to find information, will you click on the related links if you feel that the content is very high quality?
If I am asked, then the answer is definitely yes.
6. Improve Blog PageviewA healthy blog has a high pageview. That is, every visitor who comes to open more than one page.
Of course, this metric really depends on the quality of the content presented. But if you assume the content is quality, then it is very natural that you should give internal links in posts to encourage visitors to open other posts, especially quality content that is less competitive in search engines.
Thus, the more internal links and the more routine it is done, the pageview will almost certainly skyrocket.
Even according to Neil Patel, internal links can increase pageviews by up to 10%.
7. Time On Site and Bounce RateAlthough the bounce rate and time on site do not directly affect SEO, but keeping both of them in good numbers is an indication that our content meets the quality standards of internet users.
Internal links will keep the bounce rate low because it has the potential to encourage visitors to click on the installed links. If everything goes according to plan, then time on site will automatically improve.
You can use Google Analytic to see these statistics. But if you use a free site like wordpress.com, then you can use Alexa to see its value.
8. Improve Experience for Users (Admin / other Writers)For me, adding an internal link to each article can make me more experienced like being able to distinguish between one topic and another. You can see that every post on my blog does not have an incoming link.
Can be seen from a new blog that belongs to a lay person who is new to the world per blogger, apologizing must be messy and has no incoming links. Now it can be interpreted that his experience does not yet exist in the world of blogger.
By adding internal links to each of these posts can show how expert the person is in the world of blogging. People who are experts in the field of blogging know the internal link function and how to implement it.
9. Increase your Blog SEO ScorePlease note that adding incoming links for each article is one of the most effective SEO strategies to improve SEO quality that strengthens each article to smoothly move to the top of the search page.
In addition, this can facilitate competition with fellow bloggers who have the same topic. Can be seen on the first page of Google many articles from large sites that have excellent link building quality.
10. Increase the Visibility of All Content in the WebsiteAdding an incoming link in each of these articles signals the search engine to crawl all the contents of the content, by including incoming links from old articles to this new article is tantamount to warning search engines that old blog articles still exist and exist.
If you have some popular articles, surely you also have some articles that are not qualified. Now to deal with unpopular articles, just put a link from an unpopular article in your popular article so that the non-popular article was popular. This is a refreshing process for old articles.
11. Can Differentiate A Quality And Not Qualified BlogThe next internal link function is as I explained above that by embedding inbound links signifies the difference between experienced and inexperienced blogs.
Because on a new blog, most articles are still messy and only think of as many quantities / articles as possible. Seo and other recent affairs. This is actually wrong from the new blog because this inbound link is very important even for new blogs.
12. Deploy link equity.Some of you may be foreign with the term "link equity" or link equity. Link equity, also called link juice, is a term used in SEO that refers to the value or equity that is forwarded from one web page or site to another web page. This value or equity is continued through the link.
Search engines regard links as votes (votes) that come from web pages or sites that other web pages are valuable and worthy of promotion. For example, a web page with a high page rank has an internal link that goes to another page with a relevant topic, then the web page that is directed to the link will get a transfer value (link equity or link juice) and the page rank in the SERP can be better.
Link equity can help many other web pages to rank better. Links that pass values or equity are one of the many signals that search engines use to determine page rank. However, link equity also depends on several factors such as link no-follow or do-follow, page authority, relevance of the topic and so on.
How Many Internal Links Should Be in One Page
So, how many internal links on a page?
According to Google's statement, make a link on a page on a reasonable number.
The question: What number is meant by "numbers make sense."
Some smart people try to provide answers to these questions. Matt Cutts himself recommends no more than 100 links.
OK…. 100 links for external links and internal links on one page.
However, you must also be careful because all links on one page include popular posts, related posts, and also the latest articles. Use the ration wisely and you will be fine.
Before making inbound links, pay attention to the following things.
Maybe this is more directed at wordpress because it deals with plugins. To make it easier to make internal links on wordpress sites it would be good to need help from a plugin such as "Search Term Tagging 2".
This plugin can help in making inbound links automatically based on keywords and tags, but here are mostly categories. This plugin can help make inbound links unlimited.
However, users must be careful to install incoming links because giving excessive incoming links can make the article considered spam and crawler robots do not like spam.
For blogspot itself, installing internal links must be done manually and must require expert expertise.
In addition, use inbound link anchor text that varies and matches the intended page and do it regularly.
Actually, there are many inbound link functions and their benefits for websites other than the above. You can search for other functions after applying this to your blog.
So about the internal link function, hopefully it's useful for all of you bloggers, keep up the spirit.